- Recommended for professionals who work in finance and seek to incorporate ESG and sustainability criteria into their processes, investment decision-making, and customer service.
- Specialists in Investment and Risk Management and any professional with an interest or responsibility in the areas of ESG. Specific titles and functions that are of relevance include: ESG Management Strategies, ESG Implementation in the Financial Sector, ESG Disclosure Management Regulatory and Economic Capital, Finance and Treasury, Lending, Risk, Regulation & Compliance, Internal Control, Audit, Financial Institutions Advisory, Bank Supervision and Regulation, Sustainable Financial Stability and Economic Analysis etc. It is also suitable for personnel working in front or back offices and adjacent roles, such as: sales and distribution, product development, financial advice, consulting, investor relations etc.
- Have 2 years of professional experience in the field of ESG and/or Sustainability.
- Comply with IASE 4 E Standards.
- Sign the IASE Code of Ethics.
Valid for 12 months
- Earn your IASE designation and join the international community of the ESG professionals.
- Starting next year after receiving the designation you need to keep up with the knowledge and skills necessary to excel in your role and to provide your 15hrs. CPDs (continuing professional development) annual declaration.
- Annual membership fee is: € 85.
- To maintain your IASE designation and the enhanced status as an international recognized ESG professional you need to comply with all of the above requirements.
- Certification valid for 12 months.
- After this period, the professional can request its renewal through the My IASE section.
- Understand the main features of the ESG: history, definitions, and principles.
- Be aware of fundamentals, strategies and key players. Understanding sustainability as a strategic company axis, rules, norms and recommendations for transparency and reporting.
- Recognize the financial risks, the importance of financing in energy investment projects, and the selection of financing associated with projects.
- Identify environmental issues, climate change, green transition, and sustainable finance.
- Be aware of the climate change triple dimension in the banking system.
- To list and understand what the EU Taxonomy is and identify ESG criteria in investment decisions.
- Understanding co-financing strategies and tools to promote sustainability and decarbonization of capital markets.
- Evaluate data relevant to the investment products about which they provide information to clients, such as key investor information documents, prospectuses, financial statements, or financial data.
- Be aware of social inclusion and gender equality, gender stereotypes and inequality.
- Understand the social pillars and the definition of social sustainability.
- Have basic knowledge about Governance: Introduction, background and history, ESG criteria, corporate governance, and added value for shareholders and investors.
IASE promoted a Public Consultation with important companies, professionals, and institutions to determine what knowledge should be considered so that a professional can act under good practices for ESG, the so-called “Basic ESG Certification”.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE IASE CERTIFICATION EXAM:
- Applications can be made through the IASE website.
- Examination fees may be obtained from the Member licensed to represent the IASE in the candidate's geographic area.
- The IASE certification fee for the Advisor Level is €150 + VAT.
- The IASE certification fee for the Specialist Level is €250 + VAT.
- Examination: Closed book; 50 multiple-choice questions (MCQ); 4 options per question, with only one correct answer.
- Duration: 90 min.
- Pass mark: min. 70% (min. 35 correct answers).
[CERTIFICATION SERVICES are charged with TAXES].
- IASE Training Programs for ISF ® and ISB ® level I are offered by Exponential Education at €500 [WITHOUT VAT applied for TRAINING SERVICES].
- Identity checks, qualification criteria, payments, etc., will be done through a combination of facial recognition technology and the local IASE member/affiliate in the aspirant's geographic area before being able to enter the Board Exams.
- It is the aspirant's responsibility to ensure that he is aware of the date, time, and location of his exam.
- A candidate may drop out of an exam before starting the exam. In such cases, your exam fee will be carried over to a future date. Arrangements regarding special needs or illness during an exam can be made by contacting the regional body member of the IASE. IASE Exam Terms and Conditions section below for more information. Link to the Terms and Conditions.
- All IASE Board Examinations exams are delivered online only.
- Aspirants have the flexibility to take the Board Exam from anywhere in the world.
- Nível Advisor I Formato do exame: Closed questions; 40 multiple choice questions (MCQ); 4 options per question, with only one correct answer; 60 minutes allowed to complete all Advisory Level Board Exams; Approval 60% (24 correct answers or more).
- Specialist Level | Exam format: Closed questions; 50 multiple choice questions (MCQ); 4 options per question, with only one correct answer; 90 minutes allowed to complete all Expert Level Board Exams; Approval 70% (35 correct answers or more).
- Available languages: English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish. Others upon request.
- The scheduling of the exams is done electronically before being sent to a Board of Examiners for final approval.
- Results will be formally communicated via an online basis directly to individual aspirants only. The results will only be communicated to third parties if it is possible to provide proof of consent from individual aspirants.
- Within a period of 10 working days, after the results are issued, applicants will have the opportunity to request an observation/review or appeal question/s. See the IASE Exam Terms and Conditions section below for more information. Link to the Terms and Conditions.
How is the test done?
How is the registration for the certification done?
Continuing Certification and 4Es Standard.
Becoming certified with IASE involves much more than being approved in our online exam. With IASE, you also make a commitment to professional attitude and practice called the 4Es Standard, to be renewed annually through a recertification process.
For each certification level, there is a minimum academic and/or professional qualification required. The certificates also require a commitment to lifelong learning.
Pass our Certification Exams and Board of Ethics Exams.
Agree to and comply with the IASE Code of Ethics and Professional Responsibility, a set of principles that ensure the maintenance of integrity standards and ethical conduct.
To carry out the test and to maintain the certification, a fee is required at the time of admission.
01/16/2023 | 04/10/2023 | 07/03/2023 | 09/25/2023
Languages: PT | ES | IN | CH
The ISF Level II preparatory course is designed to provide candidates with in-demand ESG skills in finance industry, covering a wide range of concepts from ESG fundamentals to financial analysis, investment decision-making and human capital management.
Training: ONLINE; min. 60 study hrs/12 weeks.
Programmatic Contents - ISF II
IASE INTERNATIONAL SUSTAINABLE FINANCE (ISF) CERTIFICATION
Module 1: INTRODUCTION: SUSTAINABILITY AND ESG MARKET SCENARIO
Module 2: CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY AND SUSTAINABLE CORPORATE FINANCE
Module 3: SUSTAINABLE INVESTING, ASSET MANAGEMENT AND FINANCIAL ADVISORY
Module 4: GOVERNMENTS, CENTRAL BANKS and MULTILATERAL DEVELOPMENT BANKS
Module 5: SUSTAINABLE BANKING
Module 6: SUSTAINABLE INSURANCE